Post 324/2/15
The Micro-Tyco Project
As part of the Get Into Enterprise module we were tasked with creating and running a business using only £1. The group I was a part of decided we would run our business as a bakery which meant having to sell various cakes within uni in order to raise as much money as possible for charity. Our group all chipped in by baking cakes at home in order to take in and sell. I was told I was to make the cupcakes that would be sold at our stall and with only having £1 between the whole group we had to rely near entirely on food donations which of course led to just raiding our cupboards!

So when it eventually came time to start baking I stuck on the Foo Fighters album "Sonic Highways" (which is an amazing album by the way!) and started the process of making cupcakes and I hated near enough everything about it I was knackered and to make matters worse the kitchen was roasting hot and it just wasn't fun at all, it got to a point I though about just giving up and cheating by buying pre-made cupcakes and selling those but I persisted and after what felt like an eternity later the cupcakes were finally finished and ready to be sold.
(Yes I know they look terrible)
When we had finally sold our last few cakes we headed to our tutorial to count how much we had raised over and above the original pound and we were genuinely surprised to find out we had raised £92.91 in the little over 2 hours our bakery was actually operational!
Thanks For Reading
Callum
The Social Media links!!!!
Twitter - https://twitter.com/callummacinnes_
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/callum.macinnes
Instagram (cos why not) - http://instagram.com/callumm7007
No comments:
Post a Comment